NABH is accrediting the wellness centres after evaluation of adherence to the quality standards laid.
Accreditation is public recognition by a National Accreditation Body of the achievement of accreditation standards by a healthcare wellness organization, demonstrated through an independent external peer assessment of that organization’s level of performance in relation to standards. It is a voluntary Programme.
A “Mark of Excellence” will be provided to the accredited centres will provide confidence to the tourists and locals that the centres are providing services as per global standards and by credentialed staff(qualified and trained) and rights of customers are protected. Emphasis is given on infection control practices and environment safety aspects.
Wellness Centres include Spas, Ayurveda Centres, Yoga & Naturopathy Centres, Fitness Centres, Skin Care Centres etc.
- Raise community confidence in services provided by the organization.
- Stimulates continuous improvement of the organization.
- Objective system of evaluation and empanelment by third parties
- Results in high quality of care and customer safety
- Customer satisfaction is regularly evaluated.
- Streamlines the systems and processes of the organization and removes redundant activities.
- Staff is satisfied lot as it provides for continuous learning, good working environment, leadership and above all ownership of service processes.
Accredited Wellness Centres and Accredited Ayurveda Hospitals will be privileged Incentives for Accreditation by Ministry of Tourism for the following:
- Listing on Incredible India website.
- Link to the accredited centres website from the listing.
- Display of NABH Mark of Excellence and Ministry of Tourism approved logo at appropriate locations.
- Listing on Incredible India stalls in approved National & International wellness & spa conferences.
- Participation in Ministry of Tourism publications.
- Participation in Ministry of Tourism road shows nationally and internationally.
- Financial support from MoT for participation in the International Wellness Tourism events duly identified and approved under the existing guidelines for Market Development Assistance (MDA) Scheme for Wellness Tourism Service Providers (WTSP). Under this, Financial Assistance would be permissible on travel expenses by air from India to any other country & by air/rail from one country to another abroad, in economy excursion class fair and/or charges of the built up furnished stall, electricity and water charges etc. subject to a maximum of 75% of the total expenditure or Rs.2.00 Lac whichever is less to WTSP. Upto 3 visits for 2 persons from Accredited wellness Centres and Accredited AYUSH Hospitals to participate in International events can be supported by Mo T i.e up to 6 lacs per year can be availed.
- Domestic Events: MoT will provide financial support for 4 seminars/events in a a financial year, with a ceiling of Rs 10 lakhs each on a 50:50 sharing basis.
- Financial Support for developing Publicity material: MoT would be providing financial assistance of 67:33 sharing basis to accredited wellness centres subject to a ceiling of Rs 50 lakhs a year.
- Eligibility to apply under the Prestigious Annual National Tourism Awards under Wellness & Spa Category Awards.
For more details, please click on the following website link, www.nabh.co. The path to the detailed documents is
Please feel free to contact at the following address/email:
Mr. Bindu Madhav Yenigalla
Assistant Director, NABH
Quality Council of India
ITPI Building, 5th Floor, 4-A, I P Estate, Ring Road, New Delhi - 110002, India
Landline:+91-11-2332-3516 - 20
NABH is a constituent board of Quality Council of India. It is an autonomous body set by the Government of India and Indian health Industry to cater to much desired needs of the consumers and to set benchmarks for progress of health industry.
It is set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organisations.