The purpose of Quality Month is to promote awareness of quality around the world so as to encourage individuals' and organisations' growth and prosperity and to recognize the importance of an overall quality focus and incorporate proven principles into daily life. The objective is mainly to emphasis on learning and sharing of knowledge in Quality, Innovation and Best Practices, as well as for facilitating development of a Quality and Innovation Culture.
The term quality is everywhere, in all aspects of life. For organisations, however, deploying quality approaches is a prerequisite for creating a sustainable business.
Quality approaches can benefit your organisation in many ways. It can:
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Reduce costs and improve profitability
- Support improvement and innovation
- Help to identify and manage risk
- Ensure corporate care and responsibility
A small background on Quality Month.
- November is recognized internationally as World Quality Month
- Japan has celebrated World Quality Month in November since 1960.
- China originally recognized World Quality Month in September starting in 1978.
- North America started raising awareness in 1988 and originally celebrated in October.
- First promulgated by the United Nations in 1990, World Quality Day aims to raise international awareness of the important role quality plays in ensuring nations’ prosperity. Now it is celebrated annually on the second Thursday of November. In the UK, Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) will celebrate World Quality Day with events from November 11-15. The South African Quality Institute also celebrates National Quality Week annually