TERMS OF SERVICE
These terms of service (Terms) govern your use of the Sarpanch Samvaad application for mobile, handheld and desktop devices (App) and the services provided thereunder. Please read these terms and conditions (Terms) carefully before you download, install or use the App. By clicking on the “I Agree” button, you signify your acceptance of the Terms, and your agreement to be bound by them. The Terms may be amended from time to time with notice to you. In order to continue using the App, you will be required to accept the revised Terms.
As a user of the App, you are granted a nonexclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the App and content in accordance with these Terms.
- The App is part of a service designed to (i) enable registered users to form part of a network of elected representatives at the Panchayat level (Sarpanchs) (ii) allow registered users to form part of a network of former elected representatives at the Panchayat level (Advisory Sarpanch) (iii) allow registered users to share information and exchange ideas on the platform, upload photos and videos, like and comment on posts, chat with other users and access any features made available to them on the app (Services)
- You agree that you will not do anything to throttle, engineer a denial of service, or in any other manner impair the performance or functionality of the App. You agree that you will not use the App for any purpose for which it was not intended including, but not limited to identifying or attempting to identify other registered users or gaining or attempting to gain access to the cloud database of the Service.
- If you are a Sarpanch or an Advisory Sarpanch then the terms set out in Annexure-1 will be binding on you in addition to the terms set out in the main body of these Terms.
- You agree that you have no expectation of, or right to permanent and uninterrupted access to the Services. While the Services are intended to be accessible to you from everywhere in India on a 24x7 basis, from time to time and without prior notice of downtime, access to the App or the Services or to any part thereof may be suspended on either a temporary or permanent basis and either with respect to all or a certain class of users.
- The Government of India will make best efforts to ensure that the App and the Services perform as described but will not be liable for any failure of the App to provide you the Services.
- The App is being made available on an \"as-is\" basis. All services such as those provided by this App are never wholly free from defects, errors and bugs, and the Government of India provides no warranty or representation to that effect or that the App will be compatible with any application, or software not specifically identified as compatible. The Government of India specifically disclaims any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The functioning of the App is dependent on the compliance by all registered users of the App with the Terms set out here. Accordingly, the Government of India disclaims all liability on account of such non-compliance by other registered users.
- You, the User (\"Indemnifying Party\") will indemnify, keep indemnified and hold Quality Council of India (\"Indemnified Party\") and each of the Indemnified Party’s senior officials, officers, employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses, and interest chargeable thereon, including reasonable legal fees and disbursements incurred or suffered by the Indemnified Party and each of its/their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives in any manner relating to (i) any breach by the Indemnifying Party of the Terms and Conditions, and/or (ii) any harm caused to any other User, either intentionally or otherwise, in any manner whatsoever.
- You can report any bugs in the App or defects and deficiencies in the Services to the designated Lead, Quality Council of India email@example.com. The Quality Council of India will make every endeavour to address all reported bugs, defects and deficiencies.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws in force in India.
Additional Terms applicable to a Sarpanch or an Advisory Sarpanch
If you are a Sarpanch or an Advisory Sarpanch then, the terms and conditions set out in this Annexure-1 will be binding on you, in addition to the terms set out in the main body of the Terms.
- (i)You confirm that you are a natural person.
- (ii)You agree that you will only use the App in good faith, for lawful purposes and will not provide false or misleading information about yourself. In particular you affirm that nothing you say or otherwise represent in your profile will be false or misleading.
- (iii)You confirm that the personal details (including name, date of birth and tenure of election) are accurate and upto date and professional details concerning the Gram Panchayat, election term, and other credentials listed are a faithful and accurate description of your identity. You agree not to overstate your credentials and to ensure that, to the extent possible, the information provided in your profile is up to date and accurate.
- (iv)You agree that you will keep your accountconfidential and will not permit any other personutlise it without your consent;
- (v)You agree that you will not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use of the App by any third party, including but not limited to any use that may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, or that entails the transmission of obscene or offensive content or results in disruption of service.
- (i)While the Quality Council of India will make every effort to ensure that Sarpanchs and Advisory Sarpanchs are given access toaccounts on the app, QCI disclaims all liability for any consequences if a Sarpanch or Advisory Sarpanch has not been permitted an account the App.
- (ii)While effort is being made to ensure that all forms of content on the App are not misleading, inaccurate, or offensive,QCI cannot be held liable for the actions of registered users for content posted on the App.
- (iii) Sarpanch Samvaad will use the Aadhaar number to verify the identity of registering user. We will not store Aadhaar number or any biometric identification on our side. Name on Aadhaar, Address on Aadhaar, Gender of the Aadhaar card holder and his Date of birth will be stored in user profile created on Sarpanch Samvaad. A face match authentication will be done against the user image on Aadhaar and a run time selfie taken by the user during registration. User's Aadhaar image and Aadhaar number will not be stored on the application.'