QCI’s Initiatives during COVID-19
- PPE requirements of about 600 hospitals was consolidated and shared with CII for swift delivery through e-marketplace
- QCI team at DARPG has helped in fast tracking redressal of COVID-19 related grievances. More than 7000 grievances across various ministries have been cleared at an average disposal time of 1.57 days
- Worked with ICMR to expand COVID-19 related testing labs across India.
- 1103 NABL accredited labs are listed now by ICMR for testing of COVID-19.
- More than 1125 labs accredited for RNA virus testing using RT-PCR to help the nation in fight against COVID-19.
- Accredited 87 food testing labs under integrated assessment with EIC, APEDA and FSSAI that will support in improving the quality of food testing in the country.
- Launched ABPMJAY quality certification programme with NHA for its empanelled hospitals across India. Bronze, Silver, Gold certification introduced
- Partnered with MoHFW to assess and first-time award of Kayakalp Certification to 653 private hospitals
- Carried teacher – learning process assessment of 2500 schools in states of Rajasthan, Delhi, and Maharashtra
- Launched QCI’s eLearning platform [eQuest: E-Quality Platform for Employability through Skill and Training]
- Conducted evaluation for Technical Education Quality Improvement Program by performing assessment covering 174 technical education institutes and 12 Affiliating Technical Universities across the nation against pre-defined indicators.
- Evaluation of 5475 schools administered, aided and regulated by Government of NCT of Delhi and its allied agencies
Environment & Sustainability
- To ensure the accessibility of clean and functional toilets to all its citizens and to make the country Open Defecation Free, QCI certified 4204 ULBs as ODF, 1306 ULBs as ODF+, and 489 ULBs as ODF++.
- Assessed sites such as Statue of Unity and Gujarat Yatradhams on cleanliness and solid waste management to bring major changes in terms of sanitation.
- 54 AAI Airports assessed on cleanliness, sanitation and single-use plastic ban parameters
- Contributed a chapter in this year’s Economic survey - Targeting Ease of Doing Business in India' which highlights systemic issues through case studies and illustrations. The chapter has interesting insights and data gathered through on-ground survey and secondary research.
- Third party sampling and testing of 20% of Coal produced in India by Coal India Limited. This has helped in standardizing the cost of coal mined in India based on its calorific value to non power customers.
- Partnered with GeM to sanitize the sellers providing products and services through a sophisticated video based assessment of OEMs ensuring high quality standards on the platform
- Conducted a three-layer evaluation of the Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme in partnership with Ministry of Rural Development
- Conducted process, quality and impact assessment of 12 Atal Incubation Centres, 6 Established Incubation Centres and 285 Atal Tinkering Labs
- Financial support provided to 332 MSMEs, including 43 MSMEs owned by Women entrepreneurs under ZED Certification Scheme
- Formed 243 Lean Clusters; 93 Lean Clusters Successfully Completed under Lean Manufacturing Competitiveness Scheme
- Ranked 720 railway stations across India to monitor cleanliness and sanitation initiatives to fulfill the Ministry of Railways mission of Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat.
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), UN awarded QCI a 2-year project for “Development of Standards and Scheme for Good Agriculture Practice (GAP) Implementation and Certification in countries of SAARC
Poor and Vulnerable
- Partnered with NCST and conducted a diagnostic study in 3 districts of Jharkhand, Odisha, and Chhattisgarh. The data collected from these 20303 households was analyzed to frame policy recommendations towards increasing financial inclusion of Scheduled Tribes in India